CiviCRM 1.7 has been released. The CiviCRM is the "first open source and freely downloadable constituent relationship management solution". CiviCRM is web-based (integrating with Joomla! or Drupal), internationalised, and designed to meet the needs of advocacy, non-profit and non-governmental groups.
The following are highlights for CivicCRM 1.7:
- Integrated online event registration and management for paid and free events. This release also includes a new "Contact Dashboard", which gives constituents a consolidated view of their subscriptions, contributions, event registrations and more.
- Create and save re-usable email templates (with mail-merge tokens)
- CiviContribute plugins for Authorize.net and Google Checkout
- Use customized versions of templates for any screen
- One-click copying for existing Profiles, Contribution Pages and Events
- Restrict access to selected custom data fields and selected profile screens