Washington, DC - December 2nd 2014 - To further accelerate the interest and the adoption of its Digital Industrialization vision, embodied with the release of Digital Factory 7, the leading open source UXP vendor today announced the release of a comprehensive “first-steps” training package for editors, administrators and developers. For free.
All the development packages from all of Jahia products (for both the Community and Enterprise Distributions) are free, allowing development teams to develop and test without any limitation. This includes the exclusive UX builder - Jahia Studio.
Therefore, this free and online training package, comes as a natural tool to expand the community.
A Comprehensive training offering
- Free online training The package addresses the needs of the three profiles usually interacting with the platform: editors, administrators and developers. Each profiled training comes with a video and a detailed presentation. Free Online training is available from here
- And advanced training
- The Free online training is a prerequisite to the 2-day Advanced developer training that allows candidates to take the Official Jahia Developer Certification
- Certified developers wanting to validate their knowledge of the platform even further, can take an extra certification called the Official Jahia Expert Developer Certification, after attending the 2-day Expert Developer training
- Additionally, Jahia also offers a 1-day System Administrator training
Detail of the Free Online Training
The newly available training is intended to give each type of user the basic knowledge needed to get the most value out t of the platform.
- Editors will benefit from a functional overview that will cover
- The User Dashboard
- The Edit Mode and a step-by-step exercise-like video to create content
- Publishing content (along with assorted workflows)
- Content administration along with metadata management, SEO, categories and role management.
- Multi-channel rendering of the content
- Out-of-context content
- The managers (site, document, tag etc.)
- The Contribute mode
- Administrators will get a thorough presentation of functional administration
- Server Administration : Database settings, Mail server settings, Private App Store (creation, settings, roles etc.), Modules, Portlets, Cache, Users and role permissions.
- Site Administration : HTML filtering, Link checker, Groups, Languages, Modules, Vanity URLs dashboard, WCAG compliance
- Developers - Templates development
- Technical concepts
- Jahia 7 Studio GUI
- Manage templates for existing template sets and modules
- Create a custom template set
- Integrate a simple HTML mockup into a newly created template set
- Developers - Basic training - Architecture Overview
- Module Development Overview : What is a module? Content of a module, Creating a module
- Content object definitions
- Module Deployment
- Rendering Scripts
- URL Handling
- Fragments Handling
- The Caching System
Rooted in Open Source CMS, Jahia’s Digital Industrialization paradigm is about streamlining Enterprise digital projects across channels to truly control time-to-market and TCO, project after project.
Putting an end to “the Tunnel effect”, the new Jahia Studio enables IT and marketing teams to collaboratively and iteratively build cutting-edge online business solutions. These, in turn, are securely and easily deployed as modules and apps, reusable across any digital projects, thanks to the new Jahia Private App Stores software.
Each solution provided by Jahia stems from this overarching vision: Digital Factory, Workspace Factory, Portal Factory and Commerce Factory.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, Jahia Solutions Group has its North American headquarters in Washington DC, with offices in Chicago, Toronto and throughout Europe. Jahia counts hundreds of global brands and governmental organizations among its loyal customers, in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, please visit www.jahia.com