It has been a long time since I had anything to report about eGroupWare, an enterprise groupware package. It also doesn't help that I haven't used the software for about a year. However, eGroupWare 1.6 Final was released last week giving us some new news.
New additions and improvements in eGroupWare 1.6 include:
- Complete new implementation of the filemanager DMS by means of PHP stream-wrapper and WebDAV, ACL control on directories and files - the new architecture allows now uploading of big files.
- Implementation of new functions like multiple mail accounts and many bugfixes in the email client.
- Extensive new features for the tracker-application: for example escalation-matrix for tickets and automatic mail-conversion as a ticket.
- Improved calendar functions
- Supplements and adaptations in the addressbook like appointment-view, custom fields, distribution lists shown in the contact directly and in the addressbook list, multiple categorization of contacts in the addressbook list.
- Improvement of the template functionality of the project manager and some bugfixes.
- New theme for the 1.6 release
All package types are available from eGroupWare's download page.