Plone 3 beta 3 was released on Wednesday of this week. The announcement posted at Plone.org also invited users, administrators, and developers to help test the new software. Plone 3, built on the Zope application server, is nearing a year of development . By the time the final version of Plone 3 is released you should see the following new features included in the content management system.
- Full versioning, roll-back capabilities, in-place staging (ie. working copy support) and locking for all content.
- Inline editing of content using Ajax.
- Link integrity checking and automatic handling of moved or renamed content.
- Several new workflows examples/presets included by default: Simple Web Publishing workflow, Intranet workflow, Community Site workflow
- Content rules engine.
- Wiki-style linking support.
- New portlets infrastructure and management UI.
- OpenID authentication support.
- User interface and control panel improvements.
- New dedicated Contributor/Reader/Editor roles, as well as a "logged in users" pseudogroup.
- An additional new theme "NuPlone"
Complete details and download links can be found at Plone.org.