What a great year 2010 was for content management. Open source CMS projects seemed to have grown up this year while proprietary systems appeared to continue in their evolution. While social publishing systems may not have conquered the traditional content management system, the CMS definitely took notice by integrating as many social media features developers could come up with.
Below are the top ten stories of 2010 that were posted here at CMSReport.com. The stories in this list were ranked by the number of views per month since the articles first appeared at CMS Report.
Top Ten Content Management Stories of 2010
- Someone does another Drupal vs Joomla comparison
- Open Source versus the Enterprise Solution
- Ten Content Migration Tools to SharePoint Platform
- Drupal themes go nuclear with Fusion
- SilverStripe CMS becomes the first Microsoft Certified open source web app
- Denial of Service on an Apache server
- Guidelight Business Solutions video of DrupalConSF 2010
- Sharepoint 2010 vs WCM Platforms
- We Hear You: Our spam filtering needs to be improved
- The MODx Revolution 2.0 Interviev
As you can see, stories on Drupal, Joomla!, Sharepoint, SilverStripe, and MODx brought a lot of visitors to the site. Not all the stories listed above would have been one of the ten I would have personally picked, but I'll respect the numbers behind their ranking. I personally, don't like "versus" articles yet readers seemed to flock those articles. Unfortunately quality of writing doesn't appear to always matter as there were some very well written articles we posted in 2010 that didn't make this list.
The year 2011 will undoubtedly bring change and new stories to the world of content management systems. I think the year will also be a year of decision for the direction we take CMSReport.com. I feel as if this site of ours is stuck somewhere between our roots as a niche blog and a potentially popular CMS news site. I'm hoping we make some changes in the new year that all our readers can appreciate and value.