By golly, I have been so busy the past couple weeks that I didn't even had a chance to check out a beta of Wordpress 2.2. Now it's too late for me because Wordpress 2.2 has been officially released. Not only does this release include over 200 bug fixes, but it also has some new nifty features.
- WordPress Widgets allowing you to easily rearrange and customize areas of your weblog (usually sidebars) with drag-and-drop simplicity.
- Full Atom support, including updating our Atom feeds to use the 1.0 standard spec and including an implementation of the Atom Publishing API to complement the XML-RPC interface.
- A new Blogger importer that is able to handle the latest version of Google’s Blogger product and seamlessly import posts and comments without any user interaction beyond entering your login.
- Infinite comment stream, meaning that on your Edit Comments page when you delete or spam a comment using the AJAX links under each comment it will bring in another comment in the background so you always have 20 items on the page.
- Protection from activating a plugin or editing a file that will break your blog.
- Core plugin and filter speed optimizations.
- A hook for WYSIWYG support in a future version of Safari.