Serendipty 1.3 has been released. This new version of the blogging applications introduces 41 changes. Not only are enhancements and additional features introduced, but also changes to address a nasty cross site scripting issue (security exploit).
Some of the more significant features and enhancements for Serenditpity 1.3 include:
- The karma rating plugin has been upgraded to support nice, CSS-based rating graphics and an overall rehaul on the its coding.
- Make the Spartacus plugin be able to use FTP upload, a workaround for SafeMode PHP restrictions. Also add a remote backend for plugin update checks.
- Import scripts for phpNuke and lifetype.
- Improvements for pingbacks and trackbacks.
- Improved CSS styling for some internal plugins and the embedding of images.
- Improved themeing/templating features.
- Add support for SQRelay.
Links for downloading Serendipity 1.3 can be found on the Download page at s9y.org.