Jahia, a leading "user experience platform" open source vendor, announced a new release for their flagship product, Digital Factory 7.1. According to Jahia, with this new release they are introducing significant scalability, stability and performances improvements while further refining user experience for Authors, Developers and Administrators.
For those a little unclear what a UXP does, Gartner defines such platforms "as an integrated set of technologies used to provide interaction between a user and a set of applications, processes, content, services or other users". Elie Auvray, CEO of Jahia Solutions Group SA, adds:
After the introduction of Digital Factory 7.0 last year, our customers and partners showed a huge enthusiasm for the new realm of possibilities it allowed for. As our flagship product becomes everyday the foundations of more and more highly-critical online initiatives - underlining how critical infrastructure UXP now is - this year, we concentrated on further strengthening it. Hence this new version, that will really help our customers expand their online projects safely and with virtually no limit.
Digital Factory 7.1 focuses on stability through additional performance enhancements in the following four areas:
1. According to Jahia, the fastest and most reliable “User eXperience Platform”
- Performance, stability and scalability now reach new heights with Digital Factory 7.1: browsing and editing operations are faster than ever. The new platform handles twice the load as the previous one with the same configuration, making it Jahia’s fastest and most powerful Digital Factory yet.
- In addition, a new Frontal search engine based on Elasticsearch provides higher scalability without compromising access control or sacrificing publication capabilities.
2. Enhanced authoring productivity
- Digital Factory authors now leverage a new “Work In Progress” feature that prevents publication mistakes in a far more flexible way than simple content locks but still fully integrated with Digital Factory core capabilities.
- In addition, authors now can publish content in all languages at once with a simple click at a site, page, section or content item level.
3. Even more developer agility
- Powerful improvements to Digital Factory’s Rest API allow developers to perform very sophisticated operations and query using the JCR-SQL2 language, thus accelerating, for instance, IoT implementations.
- The new Jahia Studio accelerates development even more: solutions builders can now, for instance, save time by duplicating modules or control dependencies and downloaded sources more tightly.
4. What Jahia claims as "peace of mind" for architects and administrators
- Digital Factory now supports Java 8, IBM Websphere 8.5 and JBoss Application Server 7.x and provides the additional flexibility to externalize data and configurations.
- User and Groups service redesign : administrators will now seamlessly manage their preferred authentication providers through a dedicated administration panel, further unifying the Jahia user experience across all products and services and for all audiences
- Additional enhancements for architects and administrators include new multi-tenancy administration capabilities as well as Jahia instances chaining capabilities, allowing administrators of large Jahia deployments to orchestrate any type of instances (Digital Factory, Workspace Factory, …).
Additional information about Jahia Factory is available at Jahia's own website. Jahia was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. Jahia Solutions Group has its North American headquarters in Washington DC, with offices in Chicago, Toronto and throughout Europe. Jahia counts hundreds of global brands and governmental organizations among its customers, in more than 20 countries across the globe.